I'd like to invite EVERYONE, current students, past students, all yoga friends out there, and those of you that follow me for fun :)
I'm asking a favor for each of you to take some time in coloring a mandala for me (using colored pencils). Instructions and Manadala images to print are at bottom. Yes, this will add to the decoration in my yoga studio in North Branch, MN, but it's also a gift to yourself:
The benefits of coloring Mandalas
Mandala is the Sanskrit word for 'circle or wheel'. Circular designs have been used throughout the ages to decorate spiritual buildings, protect homes and for meditation.
The circle represents so many things that are familiar to us. The Earth we live on, the eyes we look into, the Moon, Sun... Circles and cycles, a forward movement that takes us round and round. The seasons, our days and nights, life and death.
If you drop a pebble into a lake, the rings, ever increasing ripple outwards. The orbits of our planets, flowers, tree rings, crop circles, wheels... you can see mandalas everywhere.
The practice of coloring a mandala, or doing a mandala meditation, is a way to promote good health, and aid relaxation. By focusing on a mandala, and coloring, you allow your brain to calm. The swirling thoughts and stress, is quietened with a need to do no more than fill a space with color.
A few more benefits of coloring Mandalas:
slower breathing and heart rate
increase in blood flow
brings blood pressure back to normal
reduces anxiety levels
decreases tension in the muscles
increases serotonin production
helps in dealing with chronic illness
enhances immune system
reduces emotional distress
Here are the guidelines (there aren't many, don't worry),
1. Printing out a Mandala that I post -or if you have a favorite one you've found. (I'll be posting different ones throughout the upcoming days/weeks.
2. Use Colored pencils
3. Cut your mandala out when it's complete (Also if you're open to it, please take a picture of it and post it on my blog and/or facebook page).
4. Write with light color or pencil on back of Mandala (so doesn't show through), your name, and how you're connected with me and/or Yoga With Stacy.
5. Bring the Mandala with you to your yoga class at Yoga With Stacy, or you can mail it to me:
Yoga With Stacy
Main Street Center- Suite 7
6448 Main Street
North Branch, MN 55056
6. Most importantly....Have FUN!!!!!
Print this Mandala (above).
Print this Mandala. (above)